SOCIAL IMPACT TRAINING
YEP Leaders' Refresher Course
* Do consider the possibility of joining another course with higher sign ups IF the course you applied for is too low.
YEPLRC Full 2-day course: $425
(from 1 Oct 2022 onwards)
The Refresher is meant SPECIFICALLY for experienced leaders who have completed their LTC, led expeditions, and are still within the 4-year certificate validity time-frame. If you are amongst these experienced leaders, we'd love to spend this time with you! (Some veterans have had 12 years of annual XPD experience!! That's a lot to share!)
We will cover key topics in the YEPLTC Curriculum. It will cover the YEPLTC course topics with an advanced perspective. It will draw on every leaders' experience. It is a highly facilitative course that engages leaders. Leaders take ownership in their learning.
Please check with the Youth Corps Singapore on your eligibility to attend the Refresher Course.
FUNDamentals 101: Insight into community fund raising
This training workshop aims to enable the community project leader to understand the different components of fund-raising.
The learner will come away with insight and tools to know how to raise funds in a responsible, accountable way and keep supporters connected and wanting to come back to give more.
For those overseeing an institution's teams
Educational Institution Managers' Forum
This workshop will give managers in educational institution who are in-charge of overseeing overseas projects insight.
It will also help clarify roles and responsibilities as well as legal aspects of organising overseas trips.
Forum Code: FRM01
Email the Field Administrator for enquiries
4. Talks, Learning Sessions & Gatherings
Free Community Clinic
EXTRECS1: EXpedition TRavel Equipment, Clothing, Security
If you have questions about travel & security, feel free to join us:
How to choose a bag/backpack/duffel bag?
How to fit your backpack to your back length?
How to pack your backpack?
What kind of clothing to buy for the climatic condition I'll be going to?
What kinds of footwear would be suitable?
How do I choose a safe room?
How do I secure my belongings in the field during a project?
How do I secure my belongings when moving about in a crowd?
How do I ensure that no one with a key can come into my room when I am asleep?
The community clinics will be held quarterly
Outdoor Learners' Clinic (OLC) Series
Field Experience contributes to the community of explorers with useful skills which some people might think is 'common sense' (we know common sense is not actually common but coloured by our own experience and culture), but to others, they just need advice from experienced leaders and facilitators. Every question asked is a learning experience. In our facilitation, no question is a 'stupid' question.
Past Public / Community Sessions
29 Sep 2023 - Poly-ITE Student Life Forum 2023
- Theodore Teo contributed as a workshop content specialist on behalf of the Youth Corps Singapore's outreach workshop. The topic address was titled: "Community Needs Assessment - Is it the Right Tool to Curate Meaningful Overseas Service-Learning Projects?"
28 Sep 2023 - NUS Connected Communities Fest 2023
- Theodore Teo contributed as a panel member again, hosted by the NUS Office of Student Affairs to Freshmen. Together with fellow panelists: Mr Willoughby Niki Lee (Tech Consultant, Sustainable Living Lab) and Mr Palvindran Jayram (CD Mgr, Ang Mo Kio FSC), moderated by Ms Dawn Soh, they discussed: Applying ABCD and Appreciative Inquiry into different cultural and socio-economic contexts.
14 Aug 2021 - NUS Conscious Conversations 2021
- Theodore Teo contributes as a panel member again, hosted by the NUS Office of Student Affairs to Freshmen. Together with fellow panelists: Ms Chew Tai Wen, Ms Khadijah Madihi, Mr Willoughby Niki Lee, they discussed the topic: Doing more with giving & transforming communities.
16 Aug 2020 - Conscious Conversations 2020
- Theodore Teo contributes as a panel member hosted by the NUS Office of Student Affairs to Freshmen. The topic in discussion was on our Journey in Community Engagement and Community Building, and what inspired us to stay in the scene after all these years, and what role we are playing now. Theodore shared about Asset Based Community Development and the need for transformation of the perspective of the ones serving to become the ones also being served in order to then bring about an even strong and deeper service - by acknowledging the strength in the community, which is truly the greatest service one can give.
11 Mar 2020 - COVID-19 & Expeditions (YEP Leaders Community of Practice) Conversations #1
- Field Experience hosts a conversation on the impact of pandemics on expeditions and trans-border partnerships
19-21 Jun 2019 - 7th Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Service-Learning
- Workshop Session Presenter on the ultimate purpose of Service-Learning in view of the active citizenry of graduated students in the marketplace
9 Feb 2018 - ITE College Central: Youth Expedition Project Sharing Session
- Field Experience encouraged the gaining of experience through learning as one serves internationally and how it impacts a person on his/her perspective and action.
20 Oct 2017 - SOTA: Trending - New Expedition Leaders' background and interest areas
- Field Experience shared insights he has noted from the leaders he has been training with focus on trends in the recent 3 years.
13 Oct 2017 - ITE College West: Global Education Programme cum Youth Expedition Project Sharing Session
- Field Experience shared with students the advantages of a global education and responsible reciprocal learning between Singapore teams and our hospitable hosts.
Aug- Oct 2017 - Overseas Risk Assessment Management Workshop (SUSS) 2017
Increasing risk awareness and management for all university students embarking on their Overseas Experience:
- Overseas Summer School
- International Service Learning
- Overseas Study Mission
- Overseas Work Attachment
- Student Life Overseas Programme
11 May 2017 - Outdoor Education Conference 2017
- Field Experience conducted a workshop on how Place-Based Learning approach enhanced learning on citizen responsibility for the participants of the SUSS' Adventure Learning Programme - Base Camp 2016
*SUSS - Singapore University of Social Sciences (formerly known as UniSIM)
05 Dec 2016 - SMU Leadership Symposium
- Theodore shared SMU with students on Leadership in corporate social responsibility in the business and social sector
09 Nov 2016 - UniSIM Brown Bag Seminar
- Field Experience shared with UniSIM faculty on leveraging International Service Learning expeditions as tools to bring connection of their disciplines with the real world for meaningful social impact for their students
13 Oct 2016 - Singapore Youth Conference 2016
- Theodore was one of the Panel Speakers on the topic that Tolerance and Trust is needed to bring us forward in this increasing diverse world
10-17 September 2016 - UniSIM's Adventure Leadership Programme- Basecamp
- Coaching on responsible decision making through Place-Based Learning pedagogy at Gopeng (Perak, Malaysia).
Educational Institution Consultancy
It'll be OK if it's all fine during the learning curve, but it's still a risk. Weigh up the risk and if you think it's not worth not taking, we can help. If you want to get your institution up and operational to support your overseas projects and stakeholders, give us a call to explore.
We'll lighten the burden of the setup for you.
Bespoke Training & Consultancy
We have the capability for tailored programmes to meet your team's needs with a focus not on just activities but to bring a depth of insight or knowledge to your team.
Some of our bespoke programmes & consultancy include:
- Leadership Training
- Team Working Support
- Youth Mentoring Training
- Outdoor & Travel Risk Assessment Management Training
- International Partnerships Training (Inter-governmental, Non-governmental, Institutional, Community-based organisations)
- Back-to-basics Camp Craft & Backwoodsman Skills
- Sustainability consultancy
- UN SGD, UNGC, ISO 26000, GRI G4 Reporting: Stakeholder Engagement
- Corporate Community Investment Impact Assessment and Monitoring